Saturday, June 02, 2007

Dancing With the Stars, Etc.

I decided to try my hand with the ACEOs I see listed on Etsy. Art Cards Editions and Originals, they say it stands for, although if they're traded and not sold they're Artist Trading Cards or ATCs. Apparently the only rule is that they have to be 2.5 x 3.5 inches in size.

Since I've been wading through lots of small images from vintage magazines I've been using to make my 1 inch buttons, I thought some of those would be worthy of showcasing on their on ACEOs. I got out my hand-held mat cutter, made some tiny measurements, and here's what I came up with*:






I've been making a lot of 1 inch buttons using small images of classic cameras from old photography magazines I've collected and I thought I'd use some of those, too:





It's a challenge cutting tiny little beveled cuts that are only 1 or two inches in a piece of matboard that's only 2.5 x 3.5 inches in size...but then, I love a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment