Monday, July 06, 2009

Home From the Hospital

The title of this blog entry is something I felt like I'd never be able to say when we found ourselves staying at the hospital a couple of days longer than we expected after my daughter's jaw surgery last week. The surgery itself went very well, just as it should. It was the recovery process that presented most of the problem. I don't want to dwell on the negative so I won't go into a commentary on hospital red tape, which was only part of the problem. I prefer to shine a spotlight on the wonderful medical professionals we encountered during our stay.

Let me just say that I have the utmost respect for nurses. I can't say enough to thank them for all they do. I hope they realize the impact they have on our lives when we need them the most. They become part of the story of my family as we remember those difficult times and the people who somehow made it a little easier to bear.

My daughter is doing very well, recovering nicely. She's in good spirits about her liquid diet that will last for the next six weeks or so, too. We thank all our friends and family for their prayers and good thoughts and expressions of concern for her well-being.

No picture with this article...maybe someday I'll get her permission and post before and after photos!

I hope to make more regular entries to this blog now. I've missed it.

1 comment: