Thursday, July 17, 2008

Favorite New Creation

I've been prompted (by the Etsy Bloggers Street Team) to write about my "favorite creation" but after giving it some thought I realized that my favorite is always changing. Almost every time I make a new puzzle ball or teddy bear, it becomes my favorite. (I say "almost" because there have been times that I finished one and regretted my choice of fabric or color...but those are ones I don't share!)

Actually, I don't even have to wait until I finish a teddy bear...I make the head first and as soon as I have it sewed and stuffed the bear takes on it's own personality. Then I prop up the head where I can see it while I finish sewing and stuffing the rest of him...or her....



So I shifted my focus to take a wider view of what I create and I offer you this...a slideshow I created for my church's Vacation Bible School. I love running around all week long, shifting back into my old freelance photographer mode, taking pictures of the kids every morning for a week. Then I take one of the songs they've been learning and use it to put together a musical slideshow that tells the story of the whole experience. We show it during the presentation to the parents on Friday night. This time I was in a real time crunch getting it finished...I still wish I'd done a few more quick cuts near the end, but I also realize that parents like the group shots to stay on the screen long enough for them to find their kid in the picture...and besides, I was finishing it up about ten minutes before I was supposed to leave the house to go show it at the church! At any rate...here it is...my most recent favorite creation:

6 comments:

  1. That's a good size group of VBS kids and they look like they had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see how you could get attached to a bear while making him/her. I grew up with stuffed animals, and could never throw them away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to post a creation "in the process"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT WAS TOTALLY AWESOME! Thank you for sharing. I can not get the smile off of my face...

    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly what you mean about (almost) every new creation becoming your favorite! Your bears are so cute!

    ReplyDelete