Sunday, July 19, 2009

Visitors from the UK


You never know who you're going to meet in Annapolis, Maryland.

This morning at my church in Annapolis I met a family from the UK. They had arranged a house exchange with another family from our area and come here for their vacation. I had a very enjoyable conversation with Claire and her husband (I think he said his name was Tom, although I confess I don't remember names very well these days!) as we talked about our teen-aged daughters. I met their daughters, Lydia and Charlotte and was thoroughly charmed by them. I only wish my own daughter, Jackie, was far enough along in her recovery from jaw surgery that she could have been there to meet them, too. Jackie loves making new friends, particularly friends from other countries. I told them that Jackie is an anime artist and they told me anime is very big in the UK. I know they would have enjoyed comparing notes. Lydia said one of her teachers had similar jaw surgery and asked me tell Jackie she hopes she recovers quickly.

As I told them about our daughter, Becky I mentioned her Etsy shop and mine and gave them one of my business cards so they could check them out. I hope they'll stop by here and read this and find the link to Becky's shop because I think Lydia and Charlotte would find some fun stuff there. We've both enjoyed having international customers and knowing that the things we make could end up anywhere in the world.

So, if you're reading this, Claire, I hope you'll leave a comment and let me know. I just want to say that I wish we could have spent more time with your family and I'd love to stay in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment